Gauteng Squash is the Association that governs and administers the game of squash in the greater Johannesburg area.
The primary objectives and functions of the Association are:
- To be and to operate and function as an autonomous controlling and administrative body of the game of squash within the greater Johannesburg area;
- To promote, foster and control the playing of squash within within the greater Johannesburg area;
- To select Gauteng provincial teams to represent Gauteng at Jarvis / Kaplan Cup;
- To organise, promote and supervise the playing of leagues, championships and tournaments within the greater Johannesburg area;
- To uphold and enforce the rules of squash as prescribed by the International Squash Rackets Federation from time to time and to encourage and promote the highest standard of sportsmanship in connection with the playing of squash;
- To uphold and enforce any code of conduct pertaining to the sport of squash approved by the International Squash Rackets Federation and/or any other code of conduct decided upon by the Association;
- To maintain membership of Squash South Africa and to co-operate with it and with any other national, provincial or regional squash association;
- To raise funds, whether by subscriptions levies or otherwise;
- To assist in the implementation of a scheme for the registration of all players.
The above is taken from Gauteng Squash’s constitution.