2021 GROWTHPOINT SA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Due to COVID-19, Squash South Africa is once again going to move forward with the same successful proposal as last year for the 2021 Growthpoint SA Nationals. Squash SA will be including an U17 Growthpoint SA Nationals in hubs with the finals taking place with the Seniors at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town.
We are looking forward to another extraordinarily successful event with more players involved than in 2020 and more exposure for both Growthpoint and Squash SA and an exciting way to get competitive squash back on the courts after lockdown. Squash SA is very aware that the health and safety of our players is of prime importance and all COVID-19 protocols will be followed.
Feeder Regional Tournaments
East London Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to EP
Eden Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to EP
Limpopo Thursday 30 September, Friday 1 – Sunday 3 October 2021 – follow on to either Northern Gauteng or North West
U17 Regional Tournament
Friday 17 September – Monday 20 September 2021 (For those Provinces who need to use a Monday)
Border, Eastern Province, Free State, Gauteng/Joburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal/Midlands, Northern Gauteng,
North West, Western Province
(Thursday 7 if required), Friday 8, Saturday 9, Sunday 10 October 2021
Border, Eden, and Limpopo – feeder Hubs
Eastern Province, Free State, Gauteng/Joburg, Kwa-Zulu Natal, Midlands, Northern Gauteng, North West, Western Province
National Finals & U17’s
V&A Waterfront, Cape Town – Wednesday 20th to Saturday 23rd October 2021
Growthpoint SA National Championships
SQUASH SA – 2021 CALENDAR (UPDATED)
2021 GROWTHPOINT SA NATIONALS REGIONALS FINALS AND U17 INFORMATION
Joburg Squash League will resume on Tuesday 10 August 2021. The league fixtures will be updated later this week. Please inform all of your players. Thanks.
UPDATE: Revised Level 3 Restrictions (26 July 2021) published by Squash South Africa:
• No “Play and Stay” but “Play and Go”
• Limit to 50 people or less for indoor venues (players and club staff included) and for venues not able to hold 50 people while maintaining 1.5m physical distance at all times, 50% of club capacity to be used only – club managers and players not complying with this commit an offence and can be fined or imprisoned; club compliance officers must enforce this
• League/organised matches or just social/friendly games only (no spectators)
• Clubs to close at 9pm sharp to enable people to return home before curfew
• Alcohol may be sold at clubs from Monday to Thursday 10am to 8pm for onsite consumption only
• Singles and doubles may be played
• Masks to be worn upon entering and leaving club. Masks only to be taken off while playing on court
• Change rooms and toilets to be only used in case of an emergency. No showers or saunas etc.
• All players using courts need to be a current registered player with Squash SA through SportyHQ.com
• No sharing of equipment
• No wiping hands on walls of courts
• No water fountains – bring your own water
• Sign in procedures, sanitising and temperature checking on a recorded register
• No guests or spectators
• Only Return to Play approved Clubs to be open
Squash Update: 21 July 2021
Joburg Squash had planned to resume league at the end of July 2021 however, due to the current Lockdown Restrictions this is not possible. As soon as the current Lockdown Restrictions are eased we will resume league matches. We are hoping that we will be able to resume league matches in August which will give us enough time to complete the league season. Joburg Squash will keep you updated regarding the resumption of league matches.
Reminder of the current REVISED LEVEL 4 RESTRICTIONS:
· No “Play and Stay” but “Play and Go”
· 50% of club courts to be used only
· No league/organised matches or tournaments – just social/friendly games
· Clubs to close at 8pm sharp to enable people to return home before curfew
· No alcohol to be sold at clubs
· Only singles no doubles
· Masks to be worn upon entering and leaving club. Masks only to be taken off on court
· Change rooms and toilets to be only used in case of an emergency. No showers or saunas etc.
· All players using courts need to be a current registered player with Squash SA through http://www.SportyHQ.com
· No sharing of equipment
· No wiping hands on walls of courts
· No water fountains – bring you own water
· Sign in procedures, sanitising and temperature checking on a recorded register
· No guests or spectators
· Only Return to Play approved Clubs to be open
Please find Gauteng’s updated Gazette – to be communicated to your clubs.
🔊 At an ad hoc Joburg Squash Committee meeting held last night, due to the rising Covid-19 infections and an imminent 3rd wave hitting Gauteng, it was decided that Joburg Squash League would play next weeks fixture as scheduled (8th & 9th June) and then suspend the league until 27th July.
This means that the 2 matches scheduled for the last 2 weeks in June will be moved out until after the winter break.
Our priority is to keep all players as safe as possible.
We trust that this is acceptable to all concerned.
0860 104 445
Joburg Closed 2021: Results
Men’s A Section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAEPc7M4EVPgtD6yeTbSaVtu0yQNkfML/view?usp=sharing
Men’s B Section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AE_7h_lGnK4tqmeVtxwKAYZ9MzgbH4Fb/view?usp=sharing
Men’s C Section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JnUIxvBYFoxP9fdqqSFK1SvVdRxotKZk/view?usp=sharing
Women’s A Section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h-ipzV5l34PG2wJdP61GOyRBpp2xIV3r/view?usp=sharing
Women’s B Section: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12UicY1EaSjbg2f0BBzoAU-5fu4pR0BfK/view?usp=sharing